What is Hand Reflexology?
The feet and the hands reflect each other in the Reflexology. Having a Hand Reflexology session can treat the same Reflexes as on the foot, but just through the hands instead. Some people find Foot Reflexology more powerful, and some prefer Hand Reflexology. Every person and every treatment is different.
Hand Reflexology is particularly beneficial to those who would like to get the mobility back into their hands following injury, operation, scarring etc. Permission should first be given from a Doctor or professional in these cases.
Hand Reflexology is suitable for those who cannot have Foot Reflexology due to contraindications that may prevent treatment such as injury or infection to the foot. It is also effective for clients who have very ticklish, sensitive feet, or don’t enjoy the sensation of having their feet touched. Other people just prefer having the Hands treated.
What should you expect from a Treatment?
The treatment lasts 50 minutes in total. I will use massage techniques and stimulation of Reflex points on the hand, which correspond to different parts of the body. This will enable me to balance and treat the body Holistically as in a Foot Reflexology session.
The points on the hands are located a little deeper, so involve application of firmer pressure in some areas. Application of pressure can be changed to suit the individual needs of each client.
What are the Benefits?
- Improves circulation
- Detoxes the body
- Opens the energy channels and clears energy blocks
- Promotes deep feelings of relaxation and well-being
- Relieves stress and lifts mood
- Aids in digestive issues
- Relaxes tense muscles and eases pain
- Aids in issues with sleep
- Can aid in relief of sinusitis and congestion, allergies and hay fever
- Aids in improving flexibility and mobility of feet and legs
- Can provide relief from migraines and headaches